PEDA - Python Exploit Development Assistance for GDB
This version has been extended by Zach Riggle to add some features and give dual-compatibility with Python2 and Python3.
- Python2 and Python3 compatibility
- Line width wrapping on banners
- Colorize stack and heap differently than regular data
- Show registers alongside stack output (and ’telescope’ command)
- Basic support for ARM and PPC registers
- Support for passing GDB variables to PEDA routines (e.g.
These are the standard features of PEDA:
- Enhance the display of gdb: colorize and display disassembly codes, registers, memory information during debugging.
- Add commands to support debugging and exploit development (for a full list of commands use
aslr— Show/set ASLR setting of GDB
checksec— Check for various security options of binary
dumpargs— Display arguments passed to a function when stopped at a call instruction
dumprop— Dump all ROP gadgets in specific memory range
elfheader— Get headers information from debugged ELF file
elfsymbol— Get non-debugging symbol information from an ELF file
lookup— Search for all addresses/references to addresses which belong to a memory range
patch— Patch memory start at an address with string/hexstring/int
pattern— Generate, search, or write a cyclic pattern to memory
procinfo— Display various info from /proc/pid/
pshow— Show various PEDA options and other settings
pset— Set various PEDA options and other settings
readelf— Get headers information from an ELF file
ropgadget— Get common ROP gadgets of binary or library
ropsearch— Search for ROP gadgets in memory
searchmem|find— Search for a pattern in memory; support regex search
shellcode— Generate or download common shellcodes.
skeleton— Generate python exploit code template
vmmap— Get virtual mapping address ranges of section(s) in debugged process
xormem— XOR a memory region with a key
git clone <a href="https://github.com/zachriggle/peda.git" class='spip_url spip_out auto' rel='nofollow external'><span class="base64" title="aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL3phY2hyaWdnbGUvcGVkYS5naXQ="></span></a> /peda echo "source /peda/peda.py" >> /.gdbinit echo "DONE! debug your program with gdb and enjoy"