The Packer Attacker is a generic hidden code extractor for Windows malware. It supports the following types of pacers:
- Running from heap
- Replaceing PE header
- Injecting in a process
The Packer Attacker is based on Microsoft Detours.
Compile with Microsoft C++ 2010 and Detours library. You’ll have two files:
- PackerAttackerHook.dll - unpacking engine
- PackerAttacker.exe - DLL injector that executes malware and injects PackerAttackerHook.dll
- Create folder C:\dumps - all the extracted hidden code will be saved there
- Put PackerAttacker.exe and PackerAttackerHook.dll to %PATH%
- If it’s a clean machine you’re going to need MSVC++ redistributable
Currently only PE EXE files are supported.